Wednesday, July 28, 2010

definition of a good friend.

lately i've been thinking about my friend aaron.
i don't want to get sappy... because that's not how me and aaron are.
in fact we don't even really hug. haha.
and yet this person has come to mean more to me than most of my other friends.
ever since i moved home from logan i've found myself missing him the most.
it's funny, he used to be so mean to me. he used to make me cry, make fun of me, etc etc.
i never thought i would like the kid. ever.
we became friends a couple years back, after the name-callings and such ceased. but even then i never thought he was that big of a deal... how very wrong i was.
lately i've realized how much i need aaron. the kid has my back unlike any person i've ever met. it's ridiculous.
he is proof that there are such things as decent men in this day and age. that's hard to believe, especially after all i've been through. yet he proves it time and time again, by being a genuine person who never wants to cause harm to anyone. respectful of women, a great listener, fun, and patient, he is there to help you get your mind off things any day of the week, and never expects anything in return.
i try to be there for him as much as he is there for me, but i'm pretty sure it's impossible. he never asks for much from anyone. the kid is one of the best and greatest friends you could ever hope to have.
i have no idea how i got lucky enough to have him fill the shoes of "best friend". and he's done a fantastic job of filling those shoes. he's proven to me that there is hope, good people, and fun times in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment