Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the best day of my internship so far.

i actually wasn't even scheduled to work my internship today, but ben winslow invited me to help him out at the sentencing of brian david mitchell. i couldn't pass up the chance to see a reporter in action! and it was a crazy awesome, stressful, crowded day. we waited outside the courthouse to see the results of the sentencing [life in prison, without parole...awesome] and then did interviews with brian david mitchell's step daughter as well as elizabeth smart herself.

she was very polished and calm...and i won't lie, she did bring tears to my eyes. so much for keeping my cool! this woman has been a great example to me and many others though. i am so glad the sentence was so just. very rarely do perpetrators get the full sentence they deserve.
me and some of the fox 13 team discussing what to do next for the 5 o'clock news.
all in all, a great day to be an intern.



No comments:

Post a Comment