Wednesday, November 9, 2011

this tops my most embarrassing moments.

so yesterday at work i reached an all time high of embarrassing moments (including when i passed out in the 5th grade and peed my pants.) it was a normal day at fox 13 studios, and I was AP for the 5 PM newscast. At 5:55, I was gathering all my things and somehow...I don't even know what happened, or if it was my fault, or HOW it happened...I get KONKED in the head with something....and all of a sudden everything goes white and smoky.
Of course, I froze. And I'm in a tiny room with the other producer, director, and graphics people and everyone is screaming, "FIRE!!!!"
So eventually after I stop being frozen (I tend to do that) I hear, "Open the door!" So naturally, since I'm closest to the door, I open it, and my director Dan comes running out of the room with a fire extinguisher that is just exploding. I'm not even kidding, I've never seen anything like it in my life.
So since we were in news control (a smaller room separate from the actual newsroom,) everyone in the newsroom starts freaking out. Bob yells, "There's a fire!" And everyone starts freaking out. Finally, our News Director Renai herds us all into another room and Dan runs the fire extinguisher outside to finish going off.

The best part is that we were supposed to come back after a commercial break, and we had to call Master Control and tell them to just run more commercials. So we even had to end the newscast early.
FAIL!!!!!!
And these are the results of my absolute clumsiness:







yeah... it's still not to the point where I can laugh about this yet, even though everyone else in the studio thought it was rather hilarious.
Maybe it will seem less embarrassing tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment