Wednesday, November 17, 2010

books books books.

my favorite part of my semester off was finally being able to read for fun again. it's been years since i've had time to really read novels and nonfiction books just for the fun of it.
here are some of my favorites that i've read thus far:
i'm sure everyone has heard of this trilogy by now. it's sadly being called "the new twilight" which is completely untrue. the hunger games is a well written, intriguing, and political novel that i absolutely fell in love with. my brother referred it to me and i finished the trilogy in a little over a week. here is a good book review in case you want to check it out.
this is another trilogy i'm currently reading, and definitely obsessed with. [let me warn you if you decide to read these that they're a bit graphic.] it's about a mystery, the hunt for a serial killer, corrupt government, and a little bit of everything in between. i'm currently on the third book [the girl who kicked the hornet's nest] but so far my favorite has been the second book, [the girl who played with fire]. i like that one the best because it's a little less graphic than the first book, but still a very interesting and incredibly addicting read. and, i just found out they're movies too! i'm definitely going to watch them when i'm finished reading.
this is a nonfiction that a police officer who comes into my work regularly referred to me. i thought it was a kind of weird idea, but took his word for it and have begun reading. it's interesting, grotesque, and definitely different than any other book i've read. i highly recommend it.


if anyone has any book recommendations...definitely let me know. i'm sad i only have a month left before i'm back in school and reading textbooks instead of novels!



No comments:

Post a Comment