Wednesday, March 7, 2012

lately!

this week i:
-inherited this AWESOME vintage suitcase from my grandma norda (i tell you what, i'm realizing more & more how very stylish that lady was. i miss her.)

-MADE COFFEE FOR ROBERT DOWNEY JR!!! this requires a bit of background: he came through the drive-thru after spending the weekend skiing! he pulled up as i was making his drink (a caramel macchiato, aka the girliest drink we have. jeez.) i said, "HOLY COW IT'S IRON MAN!" i was shaking, head to toe. 
this is saying  a lot since i have made coffee for ty burrell, katherine heigl, liv tyler & morgan freeman & never felt all that "starstruck," though most of these celebrities i just saw in passing while working in park city.
anyways, after making a total fool of myself, i handed out his drink & asked why he was in utah. he told me how he spent yesterday skiing at powder mountain with friends & how he thinks utah is absolutely beautiful. i said, "well us utahns are glad to have you here, and i hope you had fun!" & then he slipped me a 50 dollar tip. WIN!

-made homemade mac & cheese, again. & this time it was even more delicious than the last, & i didn't burn the house down! i love my crock pot.

-played the piano & realized how badly i miss it.

-got behind in math.....again.

so overall it was a good week, with a little bit of bad mixed in there. overall i'm a happy girl, missing my papa & sister in france, missing my brother in texas, & getting excited for my new baby nephew PRESTON JAMES to make an appearance in a month & a half!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you saw Robert Downey Jr.... and especially awesome that he gave you such a great tip. I'm glad you are improving your cooking skills. You will have to give me the recipe. I love crock pot meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will bring it to you next time we get together! It is super easy (it ahs to be, or else I wouldn't be able to make it!) Ha!

    ReplyDelete