Sunday, June 27, 2010

a change.

so a couple weeks ago i cut all my hair off. it was pretty last minute, sporadic, and it didn't look bad per se.. but i wanted to make it a bit cuter. [among other things]. sooo today i was lucky enough to get my hair cut and dyed by my awesome cousin lindsay. it turned out amazing!! i've never been happy with a haircut right off the bat.
i love itttt.
this week in general brought on some pretty crazy changes. while i have been fighting moving back with my parents for so long, i couldn't do it anymore and decided to finally take their advice and move back. it's been 3 years since i've lived with my family, and let's say it's taken some getting used to. however it hasn't been near as bad as i imagined. [and why i imagined it being so bad to begin with is beyond me.. my family is amazing].
i think what i was dreading most was change. something i always have a hard time with. when things don't go the way i plan them to i tend to freak out... [it's a weakness of mine. i'm working on it.] so let's just say that the past couple days of being home have kind of been a lot to deal with.  it's just for the summer i'm hoping, until i get my life together. a lot has been going on, a lot i haven't been ready to handle and don't want to handle yet. so being able to be home with my parents and sisters has been a great help. 
not to mention i COMPLETELY forgot about the great people in kaysville. i have little to no friends here now, but i've started to remember the great friends i had. this weekend was just what i needed.
i spent friday at ikea and cabela's with my mom and sister..scored a new dresser, nightstand, and an awesome pair of hiking shoes. i spent the afternoon laying out by my pool with this adorable boy:

is he not the cutest? timmy is my favorite dog on this planet. i love him to bits and pieces. after a lovely afternoon by the pool, i hung out with my 2 friends aaron and jimmy. driving around blasting lady gaga [do not tell them i posted that part on the internet..], sitting in parking lots and finding a random rope swing in the middle of a field made it a pretty fun night. except for when the deer/big foot/policeman came out of the bushes and we ran for our lives.
today was also fabulous. i spent the day swimming with a bunch of my amazing friends. a lot of friends i had forgotten i even had.. i am just overwhelmed, surprised, and grateful for how many friends i still have, and the great people that they are.
here's to hope of a better summer.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the haircut! i hope all is well and that everything works out! sounds like a good summer so far :)
    xoxo, jamie

    ReplyDelete