Saturday, October 29, 2011

my papa.

a man i am forever grateful to have in my life is my sweet dad.  he is such a great example to me & i never thank him enough for being so great.


it's safe to say i spend a lot of my time with my dad arguing. sometimes it's all in good fun & sometimes i just want to scream! we have completely opposing views on anything & everything. republican, democrat.. religious, nonreligious.. responsible, not so much...haha. but i love how opposite we are & yet how much the same. it's safe to say i have my dad to thank for at least 50% of my musical tastes. i remember growing up & listening to tom petty, pink floyd, & the eagles, & loving every minute of it. 

growing up my dad was my hero. i wanted to be just as tall as him & just as fun as him. he gave me & my siblings such a great childhood. we learned the value of hard work. we were able to play sports & my dad was often our coach. he was a huge part of every big event in my life. i know now how very lucky that makes me..a lot of my friends have not had a dad that stuck around. 


my dad teaches me so much every day. he is an amazing person & so smart! he has always motivated me. if it weren't for him i'm not sure if i ever would have wanted to go to college..or even gone for that matter. but i've seen how successful he is been, & how much he knows, & i wanted to be just like him.
i think the best thing about my dad is his sense of humor. he has to be one of the funniest people i've ever met. 
this is earlier this year, where my dad made us watch the "royal wedding" with some of my grandma's hats on. it was SO HILARIOUS. he would say, "be pompous everyone!" it's the little random things that he does that make me realize how very much i love my papa bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment