Saturday, April 14, 2012

sad times & happy times

yesterday started out pretty rough.
my brother's family, who wasn't supposed to move until today, decided they wanted to get a head start on the move & leave early.
i got to their house about 1 to help pack up some last minute things (i have been so busy with school this week, i hardly even got to help...i felt pretty bad.) & was a bit jolted by the news. 
we headed over to my parent's house to say goodbye to the chickens & the dogs... & then they said goodbye to us. 
grace giving me goodbye kisses.
i gave her about 30 thousand. i couldn't stop kissing her or matthew, basically.

smiling... slash being teary eyed. whoops.

my favorite 5-year-old.  i've watched this kid grow up & have loved every minute of being his (favorite) aunt.
blaaargh.
i managed to keep it together & really cried only once, when my sister-in-law started crying. it always sucks when your family is sad. & it made me realize that while they are starting a new, amazing chapter in texas, i'm going to miss the living in layton utah chapter! where sunday dinners, family walks, camping trips, random visits, and more were much much easier to accomplish!
despite the sad day that it was, it also turned out to be a happy one. i went REAL grocery shopping with luke's sister cassie (whose whole family is gluten-free). we went to SUNFLOWER MARKET in SLC, which is cleverly named after my favorite flower....clever because it's my new favorite market. good produce for cheap & SEVERAL more gluten-free options.
this diet might be easier than i thought! anyway, we also went to a book/vinyl sale at the SLC library, where i found the evita soundtrack for a dollar (my dad would be so proud).

another nice thing about yesterday was that i realized i still have one sweet newborn nephew to tie over my "baby hunger," as well as luke's niece to chase pigeons around the library with....hahah, i love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment