Friday, July 27, 2012

the daily grind.

here i am with fox 13's ben winslow (aka twitter king, aka utah's favorite journalist) right before the 9 o'clock newscast. also, i owe this guy my career.
it may not seem like much of a career yet, but i got my foot in the door thanks to this guy.
it's a dang good thing i know how to make a good cup o' coffee.

everyone at the station was super excited to have me back this week. i'm very excited to be back as well, but still, the warm welcome was all i needed to know i'd made the RIGHT decision. that, & not hearing "I WANT A MOCHA COOKE CRUMBLE FRAPPUCINO" 18 times a day.

anyway, i'm getting used to my new "daily grind." this job is a lot more stressful, but it's good stress...eustress, i guess it's called. i am doing what i love, & i couldn't be more excited! i have been doing this for over a year, but the full-time hours & lovely raise are truly a blessing.
hope everyone has a lovely weekend! i'm throwing a bridal shower for my little sister this weekend, working my last day at starbucks, & writin' lots of newsy-news.

the only downside to this job is that i STILL have no idea what a "weekend" is really like. also, i still work at criddle's cafe (the scones & good tip money are too good to turn down). sigh. someday i'll be back to only having one job...someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment