Wednesday, August 8, 2012

les artistes dans ma petit maison.

the other day my friend aimee was over. i worked with her at starbucks & she is one my favorite coworkers from working there. she asked me where all the art in my house is from... at first i was kind of shocked. my house is over 100 years old, the carpet is over 40 years old, nothing is updated, & there are holes in all of the walls. needless to say i've spent a LOT of time covering up wall space, but i've always thought my house was kind of...bachelor pad.
but since she asked, it seems like everyone who has come over has said something like, "wow that art is really cool!" or "where did you get this?" sooo here ya go, all. a lot of them aren't really "art" but mroe "covering up that huge hole in the wall." so enjoy!
luke's best friend amy painted this for his birthday. the pic is small, but this bad boy is HUGE. like takes up the whole wall, huge.
one of my dear friends annie let me buy this piece off her. it's simple and yet soooo not at the same time. this might be my favorite painting in my whole house.
PS she will paint you anything. if you have an idea of something, let me know & i will give you her contact info. she is brilliant.
to cover up the gross blinds in my living room, i painted clothespins and hung up the various polaroids i've acquired over the years. my personal favorite is the one of my sister casie & i on santa's lap..it's hilarious.
the toms flag is just until i can afford another frame for my vinyl covers (they're so expensive?!) the pic on the top right is a beatles montage my friend kendra got me in mexico in 2008. the other frames are 2 vinyl record covers that i want to keep in good condition, & also look awesome on the wall: pink floyd's "dark side of the moon" and the beatles "sgt peppers lonely hearts club band."
these 2 prints are the newest addition to my casa.. we are still looking for frames for them. we found them while wandering the utah arts festival this summer.. the artist is kendra baird & her work is found here.

so there you go. i'm definitely still working on my bedroom...it's the most bachelor pad room in the house. broken windows, blankets used as curtains, a towel hanging to stop the AC from leaking...it's a mess, guys. someday, though. someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment