Monday, September 10, 2012

lack of sleep does a lot to a person.

well i survived week one of my new job. barely.
it's safe to say that if you saw me at all last week, you saw me at my craziest... and that's not an exaggeration. poor luke saw everything from crying, laughing, screaming, even throwing temper tantrums. it was bad.
my body does NOT know how to shut down when it's daylight out. i put blankets over the windows, took some tylenol pm, put a handkerchief over my eyes...anything to help my body feel like it was nighttime. but basically nothing worked & it wasn't until i had gone 35+ hours without sleep that i finally crashed. hard.
however, i survived, & even left with some hilarious new memories... here are bits & pieces of my week:
1. after 35 hours of no sleep, i was trying to do math & was NOT succeeding. when i got frustrated i told luke, "THIS SUCKS BECAUSE I'M STILL 3 EPISODES BEHIND!" (instead of assignments)
2. singing teletubbies theme song while driving home from malad, idaho, to help myself stay awake.
3. also jamming pink floyd with all 4 windows down & using my steering wheel as a drumset.
4. running into the door because i was too tired to notice it wasn't open.
5. after trying to sleep for 4 hours with no luck, opening a gallon of ice cream & eating out of it with a spoon. luke says, "wow...are you okay? i've seen you eat ice cream out of the container exactly 1 time, & you weren't doing so hot then..." hahahha!

needless to say it's been one of those weeks. but i am fired up & ready for this week's adventures. hopefully i get some more sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment