Sunday, December 30, 2012

boo hoo & more christmas pictures.



i have issues with ogden police.
ok, so most of you know police are attracted to pulling me over (i blame the liberal bumper stickers that i've been meaning to take off my car for a year now.) this was no exception.
i went & saw les mis with my family (SERIOUSLY AMAZING SO MANY TEARS) the day after christmas.
on the way home.. it was blizzarding. it was late, so the snow plows were gone for the evening, meaning gigi was having a hard time. i was sliding everywhere & went 20-25 mph the whole way home.
anyway, i get to a stoplight on harrison near WSU which is kind of on a hill.. the light turns yellow so i put my feet on the brake.. nothing happened.. i pushed the brake harder & could feel i was about to fishtail. so... i did what i thought the safe thing was & just went through the red light. duh. (remember how someone slammed on their brakes in the snow to make a light & hit my mom last year? yeah.)
anyways, a block later, some jerk face cop pulls me over.
i explain to him i tried to stop.. but obviously the conditions aren't the greatest for my little car. he says "i didn't see you stop at all." & i said, "well yeah, that's because i was sliding." i tried to be nice about it. i really did. he came back about 5 mins later, ticket in hand. i said, "are you serious?!" he said, "yeah, you didn't even try to stop" to which i replied, "Sir, have you seen the roads?? i slid several feet pulling over when your lights came on. " "well, you almost t boned a car that was going to turn on the green light." "i most definitely would have hit them if i had slammed on my brakes. whatever, just give me the ticket." 
he gives me the ticket & i sign it & tell him i can't wait to fight it (hehe), & i am on my way for maybe a block when this happens: 


i got STUCK. literally my car wouldn't move. the best part? the cop followed me a ways, & when i got out of my car to start pushing... he drove right by.
protect & serve... ha! i can't wait to get this ticket dropped & give you an obscene gesture, you stupid stupid officer.
seriously, i haven't been that angry in a long time.
eventually luke walked down to where i was (his car got stuck too so he didn't dare drive down) & it took us 45 minutes to get my car up the hill to my house.
so many curse words.
despite all this, the christmas break was lovely overall. seeing les mis was definitely the highlight.. i already have plans to see it again. other highlights: 

 the christmas feast at work! nineveh brought a ham (you can see her dishin' it out here), my executive producer made biscotti & green chili chicken spaghetti, & i brought some cookie bars & martinelli's. as you can see we were not short on sweets, which was awesome.

still obsessing over our christmas jammies. seriously, the most comfortable pair of pants ever. i want to wear them always.

pardon the crappy iPhone quality.
my family got a remote control helicopter for christmas, & after luke & i came over on christmas day my dad yelled "load em up!" we headed over to the church parking lot to try it out.. it was quite the successful christmas overall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment