Monday, December 31, 2012

dec 31 2012 & we're still alive!!

JANUARY
-made several spontaneous trips to logan. regretted none.
-went on a lovely winter hike while on one of said random trips.
-started spring semester & took several great english & communication classes. also, le francais.
-celebrated one year together with my most favorite boy.
-started writing for indie ogden...had no idea it would turn into great friendships & opportunities!
-decided to cast my vote for jon huntsman jr. sad day when he dropped out of the race.
FEBRUARY
-learned about art house cinema, ogden's cute little theater that shows independent films.
-held a goodbye party for my best friend adam & his puppy kiara. they moved back to pennsylvania & it was very bittersweet.
-discovered nesta takes after her mother & has severe food allergies. she is now my pescatarian kitty..she only eats fish.
-discovered sunday brunch at slackwater.
-realized (again) what an amazing boyfriend i have after he surprised me with these presents for valentines day:

-my gift to him was the craft i made behind the sock monkey..i'm a cheeseball.
-oh, & he also made me chicken parmesan. <3>
-was featured in the salt lake tribune.
MARCH
-went to the festival of colors for the fourth year in a row.
-celebrated luke's 25th birthday.
-celebrated st patrick's day at a reggae festival & a friend's party, where we took several silly pictures, & i embraced my inner ginger.

-was in a photo shoot for urban chic, a vintage store up here in O-town.
-met robert downey jr. i peed my pants a little.
-celebrated international pancake day by having breakfast for dinner.
APRIL
-completed an item on my bucket list by road tripping to broomfield, colorado to see tom petty & regina spektor live in concert...words can't even express how amazing this was.

-became an aunt for the third time...to little preston james. i feel like we have a special bond because we share hair color..we'll see how he feels in a few years.
-shaved my cat like a lion & got ignored for a week.
-discovered utah's best pizza at lucky slice.
-luke's dad let us drive his 1972 mustang...by us i mean luke. & it was his first time..& someday this bad boy will be his (& his siblings...unless i refuse to share...)
-luke bought me a guitar.
-sad goodbye to my sweet nephew & niece, matthew & grace, as well as my brother & sister-in-law as they embarked for texas. saddest day of the year (tied with a day in october..see below.)
MAY 
-picked fresh strawberries for days & days.
-saw the civil wars perform live...great news since they announced they're breaking up just a month or so ago. it was SPECTACULAR.
-threw a benefit concert with the blog i write for. we raised over 2 grand for the TEARS foundation.
 
-celebrated our niece kaylee's birthday by going to lagoon & riding all her favorite rides.
-got a summer job at criddle's cafe...endless hash browns with SOS & scones. so. much. delicious.
-discovered a plethora of hiking trails near my house...fell in love with the 32nd street trail.
-celebrated mikki's & kristin's birthdays with an awesome photo booth & even more awesome ladies.
JUNE
-went to the arts festival with luke..picked up some gorgeous paintings for our house.
-picked apples from apple trees, squash from the garden, & zucchini...came up with several different recipes to make with them...i mean, to make luke make for me.
-started a hump day hiking tradition...fell in love with ogden even more.
-made homemade pizza & enjoyed a bottle of wine with my bff ally.
-my best friend emily moved closer to me!!! we enjoyed the sights of ogden & got the best pizza ever (lucky slice for the win!)
-our close friends chase & kaylee got married & we were lucky enough to attend the luncheon & beautiful reception.
-went to my adorable nephew's baby blessing.
-celebrated pride weekend with some of my favorite coworkers & lez bos.
-went to luke's little sister marti's high school graduation.
JULY
-took my dad & ray on the ogden valley garden tour for their birthdays.
-celebrated my favorite holiday, the fourth of july, with lots of food, swimming, & parades. sadly i had to sleep through the fireworks.
-quit starbucks after 2 long years!!!!! relief. so much relief.

-went on the BEST TRIP EVER to seattle! saw chelsea play the seattle sounders, visited the space needle, wandered downtown seattle, ate crab legs for the first time, & more! see the adventures here, here & here.
-was offered a full-time position at fox 13, working as a producer for good day utah!!!!!
AUGUST
-went to breakfast twice with my brother, sis-in-law, niece & nephew..mm scones.
-saw mumford & sons perform live...i've been wanting to see them for a few years now. it was amazing!
-my little sister married her BFF & they had the prettiest wedding ever.
-speaking of my sister's wedding, we had a lovely bridal shower for her..my mom embarrassed her lots & i quizzed her on how well she knows chris. turns out..really well.
-went to the worldwide on 25th festival. met people from all over the world & tried so much delicious food!

-i got to babysit my nephews & niece on more than one occasion... i was so happy about it! we also got to go to the zoo!
-saw horse feathers perform live at ogden nature center.
-survived triathlon 2012!
SEPTEMBER
-started yet another fall semester.
-was able to see brand new & manchester orchestra live for free.
-went on a double date with erick & emily before erick left on his mission. mmm nachos at slackwater pizzeria! yes please!
-went to emily's father's funeral... a very sad part of my year. RIP jeff davis. thank you for being a wonderful example, second father, & friend. & thank you for bringing my best friend emily into the world!
-celebrated luke's sister cassie's birthday at the dinosaur park!
-hosted a yard sale, where more people wanted to buy my cat than anything else.
-officially started my full-time schedule of 1am-9am monday through friday. brutal.
-celebrated labor day by working. ha! also, making baked zucchini. mmmm.
OCTOBER
-played in the leaves with my niece kaylee.
-ate copious amounts of ice cream (not ashamed by that either).
-went to a U of U game.. & got to see an at home win for the first time!
-was a featured guest at the local first monthly mixer at rainbow gardens!
-got a tattoo on my wrist. 

-went to see les miserables with my family.
-had to say goodbye to my family AGAIN!!!! this time my brother alex, sis in law susan & nephew preston. basically my heart broke a little.. i miss them.
-had sunday brunch with friends.
NOVEMBER
-turned 24!!! got old, basically.
-enjoyed two thanksgiving dinners.. had a food baby for a week straight.
-went out to sushi for my bday. thanks, darlin'.
-went to my first co-ed baby shower.
-saw milo greene live (again!)
-watched "my team" the seattle sounders beat RSL! don't tell my bf that's who i was rooting for (we are a house divided).
-worked the night of the election entering in numbers.. so fascinating & such a fun opportunity!! & romney said none of us were better off than we were four years ago.... :P
DECEMBER
-hosted the INDIE OGDEN AWARDS at union station.. highlight of my year.
-went to my aunt geneal's funeral. celebrated a life full of love.
-ate lots of food & had lots of family parties.
-celebrated christmas by working & feasting in the newsroom.
-got my favorite pair of christmas PJs ever that i wear....all the time.









































No comments:

Post a Comment