Monday, February 20, 2012

sunday brunch.

so another one of my new years resolutions was to make some new friends.
i have some of the greatest friends in the world. my best friends adam, emily & ally are the most amazing people i know.
however, some of my friends i've given way too many chances to. & i've damn near had enough of being treated the way they treated me!


that goal was a lot of the reason i joined the Indie Ogden team. I love writing & photography, & I love buying local, which is what this whole blog is really all about. it also turns out the girls who run it are fabulous. it's very rare that you meet a group of women who aren't catty, or who aren't out to get you, it seems.
i'm a very VERY shy person, until you get to know me. i worry so much about first impressions. which is why i was very proud of myself when i went to sunday brunch with a few of the indie ogden team! it was so much fun. we went to slackwater, & i had literally the best breakfast burrito i have ever tasted. ever. the sandwich? it looked divine. i am DEFINITELY going back next sunday for a mimosa & the breakfast sandwich. 
my whole meal was under 10 bucks; not bad for what a big place it seems to be becoming. hooray slackwater! hooray for making new friends! hooray for the adventures ahead of me!

drinking mimosas & chit chatting before our food.


this is kristin, one of the writers. she's adorable!

mikaela's breakfast sandwich! it was HUGE! 
if you're ever in the ogden area, i highly recommend slackwater pub & pizzeria for brunch. you won't regret it!




2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. Can I come with when I get back? And I'm happy you're getting yourself out there Laur!!! DON'T BE SHY!!! Everyone deserves your sunshine in their life. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha aww:) I just saw this. Made my day.
    Let's get brunch soon! It's SO DANG GOOD.

    ReplyDelete