Tuesday, February 7, 2012

house tour!

my house is FINALLY starting to come around, guys! i moved in august, & ever since it's been a battle to turn the ghetto into...well, ghetto fabulous.
over the next few weeks (or months) i'm going to showcase my cute little casa, because i'm quite proud of how far it's come. so far, however, i've only been able to afford making my living room/kitchen area somewhat cute. the bedroom is still a shrine to bob marley at the moment, which is great & all, except it looks like a bachelor pad. hoping to make it a little more girly in the next few weeks.
without further adieu, i give you.... my living room!!!!
this is the basic look of the room. it has a music theme, as well as ghetto bottles everywhere. do excuse that, as i've been going to thrift shops to find cool vintage pieces to add to the room. that will take some time though.
i'm also trying to figure out what to do with all the storage under the table. it looks a little trashy. need to buy a tablecloth or something.

favorites are all the plants we have!!! it's become quite the jungle, if you ask me.
i also love the "coffee table" & ghetto couches. 
i'm still on the lookout for  a DIY couch cover that doesn't cost an arm & a leg.



my *second* favorite part of the room is this huge bookcase piece. under it we have a mirror that we can't hang since there's windows behind this piece (the back room is an add-on.)
on each shelf i have something different. books, a plant, some of my favorite Polaroids, a vase made by my coworker austin, as well as a collection of glass coffee mugs.
on one side of this gigantic bookshelf i have two of my most FAVORITE wall hangings. on the other, i have a bulletin board where we keep bills, pictures, notes, etc.
my favorites! 
if you're facing this bookcase & turn around, you see something even better. this ties the whole room together.

on this shelving unit we keep my beautiful record player, along with all the records we own (around thirty.) it's a great shelf to go along with the "music" theme of the room... my record bowls & decoupaged concert ticket stubs are my favorite part of the shelf.
i also keep my electronic picture frame luke got me for christmas!
the walls are decked out with a beatles frame my friend got me in mexico, a frame consisting of more of my favorite Polaroids, mine & luke's "tiki men" as well as framed records (pink floyd's "the dark side of the moon" & the beatle's "sergeant pepper's" albums!)

i absolutely love my living room.




2 comments:

  1. You did a great job decorating Laur. I love the theme of the room. Hopefully we can come see it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be amazing!!! hope all is well:D

    ReplyDelete