Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day DIY - Glitter Jars

Valentine's Day is almost among us! If you've been reading my posts over at Indie Ogden, you prob know I'm currently writing a 5-part series on the holiday. Here's the DIY I did along with that... it's super cute! It makes for a fun craft, esp for the kiddies, as well as you can fill it with candy to give to their friends. A very cute idea!
GLITTER JARS
YOU WILL NEED:
-Mod Podge or glue
-Mason Jars
-Paintbrushes
-Glitter
1. Using the glue & a paintbrush, draw a shape on the inside of the jar. Of course I did a heart for Valentine's, but stripes and polka dots are other cute ideas.
2. Quickly pour one color of glitter into the jar & shake it around so that it covers the whole glued area.
3. Pour more glitter in to make sure the entire glued area is covered.
4. Then tap the top of the jar on the ground to remove the excess glitter.
5. Let dry COMPLETELY before you proceed.

6. Next, use the glue & paintbrush to cover the entire inside of the jar with glue. Make sure it's nice & thick (it will dry clear!)
7. Pour the second color of glitter inside the jar, cover with a lid, & shake shake shake. Make sure you cover the whole surface.
8. Again, let dry.

Aren't they snazzy?? I think I'm going to fill them with candy & give to my nephew & two nieces. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment