Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentines Day.

I've never really been a fan of Love Day. Mostly I feel like it's a corporate holiday, and plus I've never really had a good V Day.
This year was different.


I have the greatest man in my life. It still hits me sometimes how lucky I am. V Day was one of those days. It started when I awoke to a note on the door from our bedroom to the living room/kitchen that said "DO NOT COME IN UNTIL I GET YOU!" I was like... Oh jeez.
So he finally let me in to find a delicious breakfast (hash browns, a gigantic pancake w/ homemade maple syrup, and my favorite, an overeasy egg) as well as a rustic, red lantern.
I have an obsession with awesome vintage pieces, and this lantern was so so perfect. AND it was filled with candy! Bonus!


Unfortunately I had school ALL DAY. Such a bummer. But I came home to yet another surprise... A beautiful painting for above our bed, along with a new vase filled with beads and a fake sunflower (my fave). He then topped it off with a sock monkey, red and black. I love things like that, esp sock monkeys!! It was so cute, an unique, and creative I almost cried. I made him a wall hanging and got him a sculpture of a Hindu god but it felt totally lame in comparison.
On top of all this, he made me chicken parmesan and bought a bottle of Chardonnay. Thank you, my love.
I am so blessed to have Luke in my life. He is so supportive of me and my craziness. He loves me despite how irritable I can be and supports me 100% in my goals and dreams.
Happy Love Day also to my family an close friends. You all are amazing! Now for some V Day photos:
the lantern he got me, the sunflower/vase, the ADORABLE sock monkey, & my present to him! love.
the presents waiting with the picture hung. luke says my expression was priceless. i was so surprised, & so glad it wasn't just a box of chocolates. this boy thinks outside the box!
this boy also cooks....and he cooks WELL! this was the best chicken parmesan i have ever had. it was so delicious! i'll snag the recipe from him, if he'll share his secret, & post it on here someday.
his cute note.
(not that i would have gone in anyway. he let me sleep in until 9 o-freaking-clock. 


so there was my holiday. i hope everyone had a good one, single or taken. you all are truly loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment