Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ash wednesday.

as most of you know, i don't really consider myself any relgion
in particular.
however, i do like to embrace certain parts of certain religions
that i like, or that i feel will better myself & the world around me.
i've taken part in lent for several years now. i started it in 2009 when
i lived in logan & one of my best friends, adam, was catholic.
we both gave up meat for lent that year & then went to easter mass
at the end of the 40 days.
since then i've participated almost every year... i've given up
candy/sweets, alcohol & fast food.

one thing i've always been too afraid to give up for 40 days is caffeine.
but i think i'm going to do it this year.
so today at work i basically bathed in coffee as a "last hurrah." i get
to spend the next 40 days working overnights & going to school
full time with no help from caffeine... i'm a little scared.

so if you cross me in the next couple months & i'm a grumpy
grumpy girl.. you'll know why. it will be a struggle but that's sort
of the point of lent. so... here's to my last cup o joe & my last day
of having a diet pepsi for lunch.
ash wednesday is tomorrow, & my sabbatical begins!


anyone else doing lent this year? what are you giving up?

1 comment: