Monday, August 9, 2010

because everyone needs to vent sometimes.


liquid hot tears.
the burning in my cheeks.
breath stolen from my chest.
the way you've made me feel is like fire.
shaky hands, unsteady emotions
constantly on the verge of explosion
bite my lip until it bleeds.

my head is constantly spinning
like the earth on its axis;

funny how it keeps going and going
even if my world has stopped.
dizzy, unsure, and trusting no one
i put on this mask, and i hide.

day by day, night by night
in the back of my mind, you're there.

when will i regain control?
i will not let this defeat me;
i will not let this define me.
it's just a matter of time until you're just
a figment of my imagination;
a part of my past. the part i don't remember.
the part i'll never forget.





No comments:

Post a Comment