Monday, August 23, 2010

jose gonzalez.

my obsession as of late... is jose gonzalez. he is so amazing. you may know him from his covers of the knife and massive attack, but his originals are my favorite.
i love his uplifting lyrics and perfect voice, basically. killing for love is my favorite as of lately. mostly  because the lyrics are absolutely amazing, and very simple:

What's the point
if you hate, die and kill for love.
What's the point with a love that
makes you hate and kill for.

You've got a heart on fire,
it's bursting with desires.

You've got a heart filled with passion.
Will you let it burn for hate or compassion?

this summer a lot of things happened to me that i felt mostly had a negative influence on my life, my outlook on life. i became a pessimist, rather than the optimist i used to be. but this song as well as others, has helped me realize that i need to find that optimism again. because really, it is exhausting spending all my time feeling hate, bitterness, and anxiety. and really..
what's the point??


No comments:

Post a Comment