Friday, June 22, 2012

dreamin'.

i'm sure many of you know, but one of my lifelong dreams (& #2 on my bucket list) is to open my own business. for years i've wanted a simple coffee shop, perhaps with some pastries, but mostly low-key and NOT starbucks (haha). a few months after luke & i started dating, he told me one of HIS dreams: to open his own antique/thrift shop. i pretty much knew i loved him then. 
a year later, luke & i have a full-fledged dream in set, though it's a big one. we are combining our "dream jobs" into one. what's better than sipping coffee while you look at old records, anyway??? we personally can't wait & really hope to get things taken off in about 10 years from now (after we make a little money).
though the dream is still a decade away, i am always browsing the internet looking at cute little shops. i have a perfect vision of what i want in my head (a san francisco looking feel to it, with the business on the lower level, & mine & luke's awesomely cute, tiny apartment above it), and sometimes i see pictures online & think, "they got that from my head!" here are a few examples of what i mean:





2 comments:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to come get some hot chocolate and a yummy crumble. :) That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i make a meeeeean hot chocolate :D

    ReplyDelete