Monday, June 18, 2012

mon pere, etienne.

i know this is a day late, but i think it's ok, since we should spend every day telling our parents how much we love them! father's day was yesterday, and all day long i was completely bummed that i had to be at work. i worked a 9 hour day, and i felt very frustrated, because i ALWAYS work sundays (i've had maybe 4 off since i started at starbucks 2 years ago). usually i'm okay with it because there are partners who go to various churches, but sometimes...ya know. it'd be nice to see my family, especially my papa who was on my mind all day yesterday.
with my brother, alex, and i in 1990.

my dad is my rock, in recent years especially! i realized a couple years ago that the reason my dad & i never got along in high school (other than the fact that i was a brat...) is because WE ARE THE SAME in so many ways. we are both very passionate about our beliefs. we get hot-headed..but only a little ;). we love unconditionally, even when people give us reasons not to.
the only difference is what we believe is 100% different! haha! this realization helped me realize other things, though. my dad would yell & scream at me when i was a teenager because he LOVED ME. and he knows what he's doing, and i don't. i'm crazy every time i ignore his advice! talk about a man who has been to hell and back... and here i was as a 17 year old punk, telling him i knew what i was doing!
luckily, we get along like peas & carrots now. i love him so much. he is always putting his family first. i love his quirky sense of humor, and his ability to make friends with anyone. i love his tastes in music (i owe him for maybe half the bands i listen to), and i love how he's always, ALWAYS been there when i've needed him. what a lucky girl i am to have such a great dad!


hope your father's day was splendid. even though i was bitter about spending mine working, i sent my papa a card, and got a picture of my nephew wearing his favorite shirt, bought by his favorite aunt. ;) that was enough to make me smile, and make me so excited to start working days again...so i can actually go to family functions.
happy monday!

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty sad that you weren't able to come too. We really missed you. I was so excited to show you Preston's outfit but I guess you will have to see it another time.

    ReplyDelete