Thursday, February 3, 2011

lovely music for your week.

despite how busy i've been these past couple weeks, i've still managed to find some time to discover some new favorite music groups. here's some i think you ought to give a listen!
good old war
my good friend aaron showed me this band a few days ago, and i am a huge fan. my favorite song i've heard is tell me.  it's an amazing song and really goes with the acoustic mood i've been in lately!

he is we
i have never gotten obsessed with a band so fast. he is we is a lovely band from tacoma, washington (why are all the great bands from the northwest!? must be the rain). the main singer, rachel taylor, has a voice comparable to lydia's mindy white (who we all know i'm obsessed with, so that's saying something!). be sure to listen to my favorite song, forever and ever.
  
deas vail
another great band that i was introduced to recently, these guys are from arkansas and have many lovely tunes. they get compared to death cab for cutie quite often and i can definitely see it. my favorite song i've heard so far is excuses.
all of these lovely bands have made my busy busy weeks far better by keeping me company on my long drives to school and work.
check em out. 

fink
i don't much about this guy, except that he's awesome. i heard this song at my work the other day and just had to go home and buy it! it's sooo good and i love everything else i've heard by him as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment