Tuesday, February 15, 2011

day seven.

list nicknames that you have, and why.

this is a fun one...mostly because i have SO many nicknames. i'm not sure why either. but i love all the nicknames my friends and family have given me over the years!
1. laur for obvious reasons.... it's the shortened version of my name.. (duh).
2. laurels or laurels barkley. my friend mike patton started calling me laurels barkley (a clever take on the musician gnarls barkley, who i love) and eventually it just got shortened to laurels. and now a lot more people call me that. haha i love it.
3. LG my initials have somehow caught on to be a nickname of sorts. my friend scott fletcher has called me this for years and years, and recently it caught on to my other kaysville friends, who have lovingly dubbed me "the LG".
4. scuzz this might be my favorite nickname i've ever had. when i was in 4th grade my cousin gardner gave me that nickname after a character in a comic book. it stuck like glue. his whole family started calling me scuzz, as well as all of my other elementary school friends. to this day, 15 years later, i still see some of gardner's family or old friends sometimes, where they all say, "hi scuzz! how are you?"
5 larky my friend jordan actually started calling me that, and then my best friends adam and brenton have been calling me it ever since. it started a couple years ago while i lived with them in salt lake. now every time i get a text from anyone in that group of friends, i'm always referred to as "larky". adam also likes to call me "pookey" on occasion, though i have no idea where that came from.

so there you have it. i tend to respond to lauren, laurels, LG, scuzz or larky..but also have responded to past nicknames such as loo, ra ra, or elb (my brother came up with that one. short for L-Babe i suppose).

No comments:

Post a Comment