Wednesday, February 16, 2011

day eight.

talk about one of your favorite hobbies.
i used to do a lot of photography in my spare time. it makes me sad because i hardly ever do it now...life gets so busy. but one of my favorite things to do is to take a break from the stress of every day life, and take pictures of pretty things around me. my favorite kind of camera is a Polaroid. i also really really want a holga. (early christmas present, anyone? please?) here are some i've taken over the years.

aaron in logan.

laketown.

fall in heber city

why i love logan

sunflower.

hike around yellowstone lake.

i love taking pictures becuase they all tell a story, whether to who sees the picture or to me as i take the picture. like the yellowstone lake picture (right above). i took that photo, thought "wow, yellowstone is beautiful." then literally 15 seconds later my friend and i walked around the boardwalk and saw a grizzly bear maybe 15 feet in front of us. she was eating with another bear who was about 40 feet away...it was the most terrifying thing!! we backed away slowly..rounded the corner..and ran for our lives!!
now every time i look at this picture i feel a sudden rush of adrenaline.
that is what i love about pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment