Thursday, February 17, 2011

another day.

put your itunes on shuffle and write down the first 10 songs that play. then share a memory about each of those songs.

1. NARC - Interpol
This band reminds me of late afternoons, driving down from beaver mountain with an old friend of mine. We had our coffee in our hands to keep us warm, with the beautiful Logan Canyon for company. Snow was everywhere, freezing on trees and clinging to road signs. we blasted this entire album every time for the drive home and it was perfect music after a day on the mountain.



2. Miss Delaney - Jacks Mannequin
Ah, this takes me back to the days of high school, and driving around to find somewhere to eat for lunch. It was usually nate driving his little blue truck, with adam, kole and i sitting in the bed of the truck in the spring, singing miss delaney at the top of our lungs.



3. You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
Amy Winehouse will forever remind me of the summer after my sophomore year of college at Utah State. I was living in Logan with close friends and spent my summer days hiking, going on walks with my dog kiara, playing frisbee golf and baatchi, settlers of catan and using Skype to call brazil.



4. Bangers and Mash - Radiohead
This song just happens to be one of my favorite songs in my entire iTunes library. It reminds me of longboarding the streets of Salt Lake City in flip flops and shorts, sunglasses and tank tops.



5. Infra-Red - Placebo
About a year ago, an "ex crush" of sorts showed me this song at 4 30 in the morning as we sat on my porch. I remember thinking, "wow, this song is incredible." A year later, despite all the crap that kid put me through (he is so not cool...haha), I still love this song.



6. Drive - Incubus
Incubus is my all time favorite band, and this song reminds me of elementary school, when I heard it and was instantly amazed. It's been years since my first intro to this epic band. They remind me of high school sluffing class, driving around with the volume full blast by myself. Incubus is probably the most influential band in my life, so it's safe to say this song means a lot to me.



7. Big Sur - Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar
This song reminds me of star gazing at Frog Rock, a giant rock formation in North Ogden. This song makes me smile because it reminds me of better times, before life got kind of difficult. I was 20 years young, with no idea what was ahead of me.



8. Quiet Houses - Fleet Foxes
I only heard of Fleet Foxes this summer, and was completely changed by their perfect harmonies and clean sound. The first time I heard this track I was driving home from camping with a bunch of my friends. One of them, Soren, said something to the effect of, "This is a great post-camping song. It's so relaxing and amazing." I couldn't help but agree with him and to this day I smile when I remember that drive and those friends I hung out with my last year up in Logan.



9.  Put You On Game - Lupe Fiasco
I actually had no idea I had this song, so I was way excited when it came on random!! This is my all time favorite Lupe song. He is one of few rappers I enjoy because he's actually decent at what he does. Not to mention this song is just gangster.. It reminds me of an old friend of mine. Him and I would listen to it as we cooked dinners at my house or did homework in my living room. He used to rap every word to it and I would pretend to beat box in the background. It's actually a song that feels very bittersweet in retrospect.



10. Soco Amaretto Lime - Brand New
This is the one song I would use to remember high school by. Brand New was one of my favorite bands. I saw them live when I was 16 and I've always loved their music. This song gives me serious deja vu of sitting in my hot tub with my best guyfriends, talking about how we were going to do what the song said and "stay eighteen forever". Next thing I know I'm 22 and life has had its ups and downs. But this song always brings me back to my roots, reminding me of the person I was before I moved out.



No comments:

Post a Comment