Monday, January 2, 2012

new years/new years resolutions.

so basically i have never had a good new years. ever.
they usually consisted of me getting into fights with my ex-boyfriend (who i have somehow ended up hanging out with on every new years since i was 16.) also, spent driving drunk idiots around & wondering, "why do i hang out with these people again?"
this year was one word: amazing!!! it started with luke & i going to my cousin gardner's house. he's in town from LA, & i only get to see him maybe once a year so i was definitely stoked. we played some wii there (i'm getting better!) & then went over to luke's cousin's house, who i went to school with up at utah state. 
ally came with us to his party, & it was a fabulous time, to say the least!! i haven't had that good of a new years ever! sadly i took zero pictures, which is unheard of for me, but here are a couple i took at my house before we left:

we love our toms :)


now, as for my new years resolutions, i have a couple crazy ones:

1. run a half-marathon. i can't believe i'm gonna do it, but i woke up this morning & went on a run with ally, & it's happening. I'M CRAZY.
2. see the more positive side of life. i'm a firm believer in Buddhism, but sometimes i seriously lack positiveness, & see only the bad in people. i'm going to work on that for the whole year.
3. do more yoga. doesn't need much explanation...i'm taking 18 credits so i'm gonna need a hobby to help me RELAX.
4. sponsor a child in uganda. i decided that with my tax return, instead of spending it on something i really really want (like another tattoo) i'm going to spend it sponsoring a child in uganda. for more information, look here. & also, this website is what inspired me to do it. it's a blog by a Christian couple who are both 23 (MY AGE) & just adopted a little girl from Uganda that they have been sponsoring for years. a very sweet story.

happy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment