Saturday, January 21, 2012

ONE YEAR.





today marks mine & luke's one year anniversary.
crazy to me, because it seems like just yesterday he would come into starbucks every day, & i would stare at him, & after he left everyone i worked with would make kissy sounds (how embarrassing.)
for our first "date," we went to see "friends with benefits," a movie about friends who tried to hook up & NOT end up in a relationship. it's kind of ironic, because when we first started dating, we called ourselves "just friends" for a few months. he had been single for years & planned on keeping it that way, whereas i had a lot of trust issues with guys & i didn't want to get attached.
so much for that! 

a year later, luke proves to me every single day that i made a great decision by allowing myself to trust him. he came into my life when i was at my very worst. he knows everything about me, & doesn't judge me at all. he cooks for me, tells me he loves me every single day, & he puts up with my quirks & my annoying habits. he is a beautiful person, inside & out. how did i get so lucky!?
i'm pretty sure i am the luckiest girl in the whole world.

happy one year to us! here's to many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment