Monday, October 26, 2009

Social Media & Public Relations

I read this today in my spare time.
& I think it is wonderful.
Some people think social media is just a fad.. but at this point it is revolutionizing the way we think about media. It used to be only reporters and businessmen who got their thoughts published anywhere... Suddenly any average, everyday person can post their thoughts, views & perspectives for the whole world to see. PR is essential for social media's success. Facebook groups are created to attract attention, Twitter updates given to increase awareness... it is everywhere & something that is becoming essential to a successful business.
Social media has changed the way public relations practitioners do their jobs. Incorporating social media into a PR agenda has proven to be incredibly successful for practitioners in the business today.
Some might look at it as getting paid to facebook... Is there anything better?? I knew there was a reason I picked PR as my future job title.
:]




In Logan news,
this weekend was absolutely fabulous. I had a great time with my closest Logan friends. Friday we had a campfire & roasted s'mores & Saturday we all just hung out at my place & had a rather large sleepover. Seriously, there were people everywhere.
Sunday Henry B. Eyring came to speak at the Spectrum. What a great opportunity! This is the second time in a month I have been able to see him speak live & he is one of my favorites. For more info on this great man, read about him here. Sunday night I watched Away We Go [which I do NOT recommend. It was an incredibly boring movie & the only reason I made it through was because John Krasinski looks fantastic with a beard.]
All in all it was a good time, & I've never dreaded Monday so badly.



No comments:

Post a Comment