Sunday, October 18, 2009

this week in music.

First of all, here are my music picks for the week:




I've had a blast listening to God Is An Astronaut this week. Since it is all strictly instrumental indie rock, it is a great study partner during these late nights at the library. The Strokes are just alltogether feel good music: happy & fun!
Sia is an A M A Z I N G woman. I'm a bit obsessed with her actually. This week my good friend Taylor & I decided to finally do something we've been discussing for months: form a "band" of sorts, specialing in match-ups, or two songs mixing together to equal BEAUTIFUL reborn music. We received inspiration for our first song from Sia's "Breathe Me". It's a surprise what we are going to come up with... you will just have to wait & see. :]
I discovered a KEYBOARD in my basement storage this week so I was able to figure out how to play the song by ear. Now, let's just see if I can sing & play piano at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment